Tuesday, July 8, 2014

On My Way To Cambodia

Hello!  My name is Kim, and I have the unique privilege of traveling to Cambodia on behalf of you: our listeners, supporters, and staff.  I work for Positive Life Radio, and each fall we ask our listeners to open their hearts and make donations to help buy rice for hungry Cambodians through Musicianaries International.  This past year, you gave enough to buy 216 tons of rice, that's enough to feed 8,640 families in July!

We have shared an incredible partnership with  Musicianaries International and Transform Asia for the past 15 years, and I am so honored to be traveling through Cambodia with them, as we distribute rice together.

The Positive Life Radio brochure describes us as a community of believers, and nowhere do I feel it more than during the "Rice For Cambodia" campaign.  The  collaboration of believers here in America demonstrates a tangible commitment to support and encourage our brothers and sisters across the globe in Cambodia.

If you are like me and eager to learn more about the Cambodian people, then you have most likely discovered their troubled past and their constant plight in day to day living.  I won't get into these struggles at the moment, because this is a time to celebrate what God is doing in Cambodia, through you, the people who have heard his invitation to stand alongside our community in Cambodia.  However, it does make me wonder who the Cambodian people are and what their individual stories are.  I look at the pictures that my co-worker, Ernest, brought back from Cambodia last year and wonder what experiences, like a glacier scraping crevices into the earth, could have carved those lines into the faces of their elders.  I am beguiled by the innocent hope that I see in the eyes of the children.  These pictures inspire me to want to know them; to be their student as they share their stories and life's lessons with me.  

I leave on July 11, just three days away!  Please join me in learning about these resilient people and how God is working in their lives.

BTW,  you can see all of the picture's of Ernest's trip last year (including the picture's in this blog) on our Facebook page, or learn more Positive Life Radio on our website at plr.org.

Chum reap Leah
Good bye

No comments:

Post a Comment